Sunday, November 8, 2009

Organizational Skills

For the most part, I am a very organized person... my affinity for Excel spreadsheets and Google calendars should be more than enough proof of that. But... even though I've been home for almost a month, I still have not unpacked.

In my defense, I didn't think that I would be living at home for more than 2 weeks - so why get organized when this was not a permanent arrangement. (Excuse #1)

Excuse #2: I lived in 25 square meters in Paris!!!! Do you know how big that is? Ok - here's a visual. Go into the master bathroom of your house, or better yet, your walk-in closet. Now add a bed, a stove, a mini-fridge, and a shower and PRESTO - you have my apartment. The only thing that's missing is a little, gay Frenchman. I could wash my hair and cook pasta at the same time. Those of you who stayed with me - back me up on this statement.

So needless to say, the ability to "spread out" has truly been a luxury. But I may have taken it a little far.
Yes, that is 2 huge suitcases, 1 mini suitcase, a duffel bag... and a partridge and a pear tree


If you're curious as to how I get to my bed, its easy! You jump over suitcase #1, two-step around the tennis shoes, high jump over the giant pile of books and try not to impale yourself on the stilettos that I have strategically placed to discourage any monsters trying to attack me (you can never be too safe these days).
I need to clean. I need to organize. But... you can ask my roommates (that would be Kim and Jeff Naron) - my mess does not ooze into other parts of the house. It stops at my door. So at least I've got that going for me.

And I might have gone a little overboard at Half-Priced Books as well.

Oh well... Anyone need a book?

2 comments:

Alex November 10, 2009 at 7:08 PM  

1. Yes, your apartment in Paris really was that small. Even smaller when you had 4 extra people plus our backpack.
2. I love your huge pile of books. How nerdy am I...I actually put my computer up to my face and squinted to try to read some of the titles.

Kassie November 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

hahahaha... i love our nerdyness

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP